So I'm making a life change with Five Green Food Actions.
- Veggie Tuesdays and Thursdays - I started this in December. For the most part it is easier than I thought. I will admit dinner is the hardest meal for me to eat vegetarian.
- Harvesting food from my own yard and buying locally produced plants and animals
- Buying food items that only contain ingredients that I would use myself
- Eliminating products with unsustainably harvested palm oil
- Pledging to adhere to Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch - Monterey Bay Aquarium offers guidance regarding which seafood species are being sustainably farmed or harvested. They do the fact finding work and make it easy to be an informed seafood consumer. They have specific species watch lists by geographical location, including a sushi watch list. They also offer Sustainable seafood recipes