This year at our family holiday gathering we tried to act green while opening presents. We placed two large containers in the room for wrapping paper that was recycleable, a basket to collect reuseable bows and ribbon, and a container for trash.
I'm so proud of everyone because we:
- reduced the number of physical gifts and therefore cut the amount of wrapping in half (Trim Your Gift Shopping List)
- no one used plastic or polyester film wrapping (Say "No" to the Shiny)
- most of the wrapping was recycleable paper, only a little was foil paper that went in the trash
- boxes were reused from years before and those that were still viable were gathered up for next year
- bows were at a minimum and gathered up for use again next year
- numerous gifts were wrapped in reuseable fabric Santa Bags
- a number of the gifts given were green (Shopping On-line, Give Experiences, Green Holiday Gifts, Give from the Hearth and Yard)
Hope you had a day filled with joy and giving.